Practical And Effective Legal Solutions
Scott C. Arakaki
Mr. Arakaki is an experienced Hawaii attorney and trial attorney, who litigates on all islands and who helps clients resolve disputes both in and out of court. He concentrates his practice on real estate, commercial, and construction litigation and is experienced with real estate, business, landlord-tenant, administrative, and collection law. Mr. Arakaki has litigated hundreds of cases in state, federal, and/or the appellate courts and has represented numerous clients in private arbitrations, mediation, and administrative agency actions and other legal matters.
Real Estate Litigation And Transactions
Mr. Arakaki has extensive experience with many types of real property matters, including partitions, quiet title actions, foreclosures, contract disputes, real property transactions, specific performance actions, boundary and easement matters, professional negligence, licensing issues, environmental liability, accommodation issues involving Americans with Disabilities Act, commercial leases, and residential landlord-tenant disputes.
Commercial and Construction Litigation And Business Law
Mr. Arakaki is also experienced with contract disputes, shareholder and director disputes, corporate governance, fiduciary duties, construction defect disputes, regulatory disputes, administrative agency matters, formations and dissolutions, asset purchases, buy/sell agreements, and business operations matters.
- Real Estate Litigation
- Construction & Commercial Litigation
- Evictions (Landlords only)
- University of Notre Dame Law School, Juris Doctorate, 1994
- University of Hawai‘ i, Manoa, Bachelor of Arts with Honors, 1991
- U.S. District Court District of Hawaii
- Hawai‘i Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Arbitrator, State of Hawai’i, Court Annexed Arbitration Program
- Mediator, Mediation Center of the Pacific
- Vice Chair, Hawai‘i Real Estate Commission, 2016 to 2020
- Chair of Laws and Rules Committee, Hawai‘i Real Estate Commission, 2014 to 2020
Current Employment Position
- Of Counsel